Wednesday, December 06, 2006

.: Updates :.

Again, I do apologise for the lack of postings lately... been rather caught up with work, and this is probably going to be the last post that I'm gonna do for the (rather eventful) year 2006.


Anyway, as I said, I have been busy, and still is. So I'm going to summarise all the usual stuff into point form this time.

Reflections : 2006

1. Great year for my ventures. Moving along with much more momentum than I would have ever dared imagined.
2. Learnt that true love can only grow indefinitely.
3. Learnt that the human greed is also infinite.
4. As long as you work smart, a bit of procrastination can actually work on your side.
5. Robert Kiyosaki, in his Rich Dad Poor Dad book, is right on.
6. And always buy assets.
7. "Managing people is the toughest thing in any business" holds truer than ever for me.
8. You cannot please everybody. If you need to piss a person off, piss him off and most important of all, terrorize him. Drive in the knife and twist it. And make sure it doesnt heal.
9. The humble pie is toughest to swallow. But it is the most educational, if you care to learn from it.
10. Fear of losing and ego has been my biggest driving force while love brings the counterbalance. I let fear and ego run freely in my working life, and I excelled. I let love run in my social life even more freely. The only trick is how to draw the line between those two.
11. Finally, after 7 years, I have let go of one of my past ghosts.


Moving Forward: 2007 and beyond

1. Get that MBA.
2. Semi-D or corner lot home in Puchong.
3. Refurbish my home in Kuching.
3. Add at least 5 more outlets.
4. SUV
5. Bali and China for us, China for my parents and in-laws.
6. Condo in Sunway.
7. Propose
8. Leave a legacy behind before I quit my current company
9. Healthier living, quit smoking.
10. Politics?


Wishes: 2007

Politics:

1. DAP and PKR to merge, DSAI to lead.
2. Ku Li to challenge for presidency and win.
3. Strategic Uncle Sam nuke on Pyonyang (the Curly bugger there ain't good news for anybody).
4. Colon thingee flares up again for Pehin the White with great, long and painful suffering before death.


Social and interests:

1. Premiership for the Devils, Champions League or FA as icing
2. A great movie which has been too long since its last (something as memorable as Shawshank Redemption, Love Actually, Ghost or Star Wars)
3. Our best buddy, Yew Seng, to finally see the light and haul his ass back here to Malaysia for good. And yes, also to finally admit that he is married.


Love, Sex and Other things

1. Joey and Amy (just a peek will do)
2. Sarawak, Wilayah, Selangor, Perak and Melaka settled. Sabah and Johor's PO should meet 2006 fiscal year dateline. To complete nationwide expansion, Negeri Sembilan, Perlis, Penang and Pahang and Kedah are the main focus. Terengganu and Kelantan are neglible (as they say, boleh diabaikan).


1 comment:

adelaine said...

hey fren.. did u get married without informing me..? ^_^