Wednesday, October 12, 2005

.: My Final Farewell :.

My Love,

It has been almost 2 weeks now since I last felt your gentle touch, your serenely sweet breaths and your soothing aroma, together with your lovely warmth. Though I still see you everyday, the longing for your presence in my heart is fading slowly, but surely.

I still see you in the hands of other men occasionally and of course it pains me so. But I know that you are happy doing the things that you do best with those men, so for that, I am equally happy for you.

I am not bitter, nor would I be hateful. It was my choice solely to get myself attached to you, and for that, any goodness or hurt that comes from that was my, and mine only, choice.

I could still remember clearly the day you were introduced to me by my best friend on a rainy, melancholy night at my tender age of 19. I was innocent and naive, and I fell in love with your beauty immediately, and I craved for your touch ever since.

I know you never left my side even in the times of turmoil. You were the most faithful friend I would ever have. You calmed me down, you gave me happiness, you sang me to sleep. When all seemed lost, you were the one that managed to pull me up on my feet again. You were what I turned to at my lowest points of life, you were the first one I celebrate any achievements with.


My Dearest Love,

Ironically, it is for this very reason that I am saying goodbye. Faithful as you might be, I had grown too dependent on you. I know I am weak, but I could not help it. Not then.

But now I have found the strengths I need to leave you. For I know I have not treated you well enough, and therefore I must release you so could seek out joys with another man. I also need to chart out a new path in life without you by my side.

Believe me when I say this, corny as it might sound - It is much harder to for me than it is for you. But I know you were bad for me in the long run. You would one day come back and hurt me. Hurt me real bad. Somebody as potent as you deserves a stronger man. Or somebody who is less prone to a weak heart or a strong will. My body and soul is weak whenever you are around. You will wreck me one day in the future. For this I am sure.

So please forgive me if I never want to speak to you or touch you again. I know that deep down, you understand. Know this however. I will never forget the moments we shared. I will remember you for as long as I shall live.

More importantly, God Speed, and remember that I will always love you, my dearest, loveliest DUNHILL Lights.



Yours, with a broken heart,
Leon



1 comment:

Jaclyn Lim said...

Can't believe you really fooled me